Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Another year has gone by.  Our sweet Eden Lanay would be celebrating her third birthday today.  Jonathon and I were talking about her in bed this morning.  We are so sad because we don't get to have her with us and watch her grow up, but we are so happy that heaven is real and she is there.  We may not get to spend our years left on this earth with her, but eternity is a long, long time, and you can be sure that Eden will be smothered with all the kisses I never got to give her.  Happy Birthday baby girl.  We love you SOOOO very much.  I know you are healthy and happy in the arms of Jesus today.  That gives me reason to smile though my tears. 

Here are a few things that God used to help me heal this past year: 

Friday, April 13, 2012
A message from my sweet friend Pam.

Dear Baby Silas,
Welcome little man!  Grow strong in the Lord and in His awesome power.  Little miracle, we waited for you eagerly.  You are a blessing from God, the God who works to bring life from death, the God of resurrection.  Praise Him!



April 5, 2012
From a FB message from my friend Lucy. 

Eden's story opened my heart, I had no idea that babies were being aborted just because they were not perfect. Eden came with a mission from God to all who would listen or facing the choice of ending a pregnancy because somethings not completely right. We seem to always want our way and often miss God's greatest blessings. Proof of that statement is your little Eden. She has blessed many families since her birth and I'm sure many more in the future that may come across her wonderful story. It is a story of love and hope and blessings . I share it with a dear friend just days after Eden's birth. My friend Edwins has wanted for so very long to have a child and had just found out that she was expecting. She was also making plans to
go home to NZ to care for her dieing mother and to share the news that at long last a child was growing in her and she was just so exciteded to share the news with her mokm. She was about 12 or 14 weeks along when she lost her child. And she gained so much hope and strength from Eden story ... nothing really helped her or gave her comfort except the thought that her child was with your little Eden and with the Father that gives us life, hope comfort in lifes painful moments. How sweet to know that her child is waiting for her and that she shares a place in heaven with your darling Eden. Like you Edwina celebrates her childs heavenly birthdays. She has kept up with your story and knows of Silas. She is your age and is forever grateful that God saw fit to let her taste of motherhood and is trusting Him each day that His best for her is firmly being lived even if she never has the blessing of children in this life.
Thank so much for sharing Eden's story for it continues to bless and give hope.




April 3, 2012
G'day Sparks,

I was just smiling, thinking of you and how I've been blessed to have been able to witness your immense spiritual and personality growth over the past three years or so.

I was reflecting on how God has really brought out a truly beautiful woman of character to meet us thru everything that you and JR have been confronted with and have conquered graciously over these past several years.  Watching you go through your struggles with faithfulness and patience to accept Gods calling for you (and John) -  from uprooting from Colorado and all your friends and family there to face true opposition in a place you felt uncertain about in so many ways - to the ups and downs of being given three souls to cherish forever.  All the while, He's been shaping you into a more glorious human being and I just wanted you to know that it shows.

I like the NLT version of a golden oldie: Rom 5:1-5 to share with you:

Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 

Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory. 

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.

And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

Dearest TIna - you are a Spirit-filled role model to so many (Sparks!) and your gift of friendship and joy is ever-present (though you are probably dog-tired lately)!  

You're more beautiful now than ever before and Jesus has put it on my heart to tell you these things now.

I love you and God TOTALLY loves you,
Normie xoxo


January 3, 2012
Our son Silas Jair was born today.  Just because we have another child in our arms doesn't mean we miss Eden any less.  It just means there are more of us to miss her.


Wednesday November 16, 2011
    This message was left anonymously by someone who read Eden's blog:  My cousin's daughter had Trisomy 18. Her name was Olivia. She died eleven minutes before she was born. My cousin had to choose between being induced or carrying her to term. She tried to carry her to term, but they told her that she and Olivia would most certainly die if she kept going and she had two sons (aged 9 and 1) at home so she had her a few weeks early.
I'm so glad that you got to spend seven days with your precious Eden. She was so adorable, and so beautiful.



Wednesday, August 24, 2011
    I received an envelope from Kelly in the mail today.  It is a pendant of Murano Glass on a leather thong.  On top of the card to which the necklace is attached, it says, EDEN PROJECT.  I texted my appreciation to Kelly right away and this was her reply:  A work friend went to Paris and she knows of Eden so bought it and I believe it belongs to her mummy.  So I can't take credit....Glad u love it. 




Tuesday, August 2, 2011
A few quotes from the book "Redeemed and Restored" which was written by 12 Wives of Calvary Chapel Pastors.  These quotes come from the chapter written by Gail Mays. 

  "When the nurse laid that baby girl in my arms, I was so blessed.  For me, it felt like the Lord was pouring out his goodness, mercy and faithfulness on me."  Pg 152

    "Mothers face many challenges with their children.  The greatest is probably completely and wholeheartedly entrusting their children to the Lord.  God created mothers to be nurturing.  He intended for them to be protective of their children.  However, He also requires that mothers ultimately surrender their children to His care."  Pg 153

    It was such a horrible feeling of emptiness.  All I could think was, "Nobody told me I would miss her like this."  Pg 154

    "Please Lord, what is going on?"  Then God spoke to my heart:  "I want my gift back."  I asked, "What gift?"  He answered me gently, "Children are a gift from the Lord and I want My gift back."  I said, "This isn't easy, Lord!"  He ministered to my heart that day and said, "Good and faithful servant, you have done what I asked; now you are going to have to trust Me with her.  Let her go."  I answered, With Your help, I'll let her go."  It was the hardest thing that God has ever asked me to do. 
Pg 155



Thursday, July 7, 2011
An email from my sister Linda: 
I just read your recent posts on Eden's Blog. I have to be sure I have a Kleenex close by when I do that!!  I am overwhelmed at the amazing family of God and the outpouring of love that continues to flow to you and John.  Obviously you both mean so much to so many, and Eden's short life touched many lives.  I don't know how I can miss someone so much that I never met, but I really miss Eden. 
 
I can't even begin to describe to you the overwhelming emotion that I experienced when we were Skyping.  Eden was just so fresh in my mind after just reading her blog, and I had been praying for you both as her 2nd birthday was approaching.  I have prayed and prayed for God to comfort both of you and heal your broken hearts.  After hearing your WONDERFUL news, I just felt like in an instant God had answered all of my prayers.  I know you will always miss Eden and Selah and feel their loss in a profound way, but to think God has blessed you with another precious little one, I just stand amazed!  I was able to share with my Sunday School class your great news, and they all remember praying for you with Eden.  Our prayer leader led the most heartfelt prayer that God would protect this little one and hold him in His hands and use this baby to help heal your hearts.  Of course I was bawling all over again.
 
I am so thankful you took the time to share this with me through Skype.  It was so good to see you BOTH as you told me the good news.  I'm so happy and excited for you both and I'm praying for Silas daily!!  I hope you are feeling well Mum!!  :)
 
I love you both very, very much!



Wednesday November 16, 2011
    This message was left anonymously by someone who read Eden's blog:  My cousin's daughter had Trisomy 18. Her name was Olivia. She died eleven minutes before she was born. My cousin had to choose between being induced or carrying her to term. She tried to carry her to term, but they told her that she and Olivia would most certainly die if she kept going and she had two sons (aged 9 and 1) at home so she had her a few weeks early.
I'm so glad that you got to spend seven days with your precious Eden. She was so adorable, and so beautiful.



Wednesday, August 24, 2011
    I received an envelope from Kelly in the mail today.  It is a pendant of Murano Glass on a leather thong.  On top of the card to which the necklace is attached, it says, EDEN PROJECT.  I texted my appreciation to Kelly right away and this was her reply:  A work friend went to Paris and she knows of Eden so bought it and I believe it belongs to her mummy.  So I can't take credit....Glad u love it. 




Tuesday, August 2, 2011
A few quotes from the book "Redeemed and Restored" which was written by 12 Wives of Calvary Chapel Pastors.  These quotes come from the chapter written by Gail Mays. 

  "When the nurse laid that baby girl in my arms, I was so blessed.  For me, it felt like the Lord was pouring out his goodness, mercy and faithfulness on me."  Pg 152

    "Mothers face many challenges with their children.  The greatest is probably completely and wholeheartedly entrusting their children to the Lord.  God created mothers to be nurturing.  He intended for them to be protective of their children.  However, He also requires that mothers ultimately surrender their children to His care."  Pg 153

    It was such a horrible feeling of emptiness.  All I could think was, "Nobody told me I would miss her like this."  Pg 154

    "Please Lord, what is going on?"  Then God spoke to my heart:  "I want my gift back."  I asked, "What gift?"  He answered me gently, "Children are a gift from the Lord and I want My gift back."  I said, "This isn't easy, Lord!"  He ministered to my heart that day and said, "Good and faithful servant, you have done what I asked; now you are going to have to trust Me with her.  Let her go."  I answered, With Your help, I'll let her go."  It was the hardest thing that God has ever asked me to do. 
Pg 155

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey precious girl, happy birthday, Gosh i miss you, can't wait to see you, must be fun running around in heaven picking all the beautiful scented PURPLE roses but they will never smell as sweet as you, miss you loads but know you are in the best hands ever... always in my heart

Love Aunt Fajita